Monday, September 21, 2015

Chicken and Zucchini Pasta

The zucchini has just been growing and growing in our garden. It doesn't seem to want to stop so I am continuing to make zucchini dishes quite often here. 

I wasn't specifically looking for a zucchini recipe this month for the Secret Recipe Club but I was thrilled to find one.  Sara from Cook with Sara has an awesome blog with a huge recipe index. I was able to find many recipes to try and I'm so glad I got the chance to look at her blog!

This meal was so good!  The only thing I changed was I left the mushrooms out and put in peas.  It is very versatile so you can change it up depending on your tastes.  Thank you Sara for a wonderful inspiration to use up my ever growing zucchini!  :-)

Chicken and Zucchini Pasta
Recipe adapted from Cook with Sara

8 oz. uncooked medium pasta shells 
1 Tbsp. olive oil 
1/2 onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 zucchini, chopped 
1/2 tsp. dried oregano 
salt and black pepper to taste 
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 
3/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cup chopped cooked chicken 
3/4 cup chicken broth 
2 oz. light cream cheese 
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta shells in the pot, cook until done.

Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in the zucchini, and season with oregano, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes and red pepper. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.  Add the peas and chicken and cook until heated. 

Stir the chicken broth into the skillet, and cook and stir until heated through. Mix in the cream cheese and stir well to combine. Add the parmesan cheese and stir well. Add the pasta and mix together. Makes 4-6 servings.


  1. I wish I had that problem, my zucchini didn't hardly produce anything this year. Nobodies did in my area, we had way to much rain.

    This looks like a dish my family would love. Happy reveal day.

  2. So funny that we had each others' blogs!!! This is one of my favorite summer recipes - I'm glad you liked it.

  3. That looks yummy and quick and easy...the perfect meal.

  4. It doesn't get any easier or more delicious than this! Yum!!


  5. This looks so delicious! What a yummy and easy weeknight dinner option!

  6. this looks like one healthy & hearty pasta dish. a win win for sure! great src choice :)

  7. Lucky you to have so much zucchini. It was so dry here I didn't get any from the garden. I will have to try this one. Simple and delicious.