Monday, July 20, 2015

Morning Popovers


This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was able to find some amazing recipes over at Living The Gourmet. I wanted to make her Yellow Squash with Sausage and Pasta.  It looks like something my family would love. However, I'm was just about to go on a vacation and was planning to empty the refrigerator all week and wasn't about to make something new. So the pasta will wait until after vacation.  

One thing that looked deliciously simple was her popovers. Now, I've blogged about popovers before.  These are just a bit different and the method is different.  I've made my other recipe several times and while they are good, they do turn out differently each time it seems. And, they deflate and don't look as pretty after cooled. I was thrilled that this recipe was better and the popovers turned out even better. 




These came out of the oven light and airy and they kept their shape.  Now, I don't have a popover pan so I just used a muffin pan.  It worked out just find and they were beautiful.  This recipe made 10 popovers which was perfect for us.  

Now they are called Morning Popovers but of course they can be made anytime of the day. I DID however make them in the morning. They made for an excellent breakfast.  Tammy is just one of the recipe developers over on The Living Gourmet and I am so glad I was able to be introduced to her blog.  








Morning Popovers
Recipe from The Living Gourmet

2 eggs
7/8 cup milk
1 cup sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. melted butter

Sift the salt and flour together.  Mix milk, butter and flour together until smooth. Pour into a greased popover pan or a muffin pan about 1/2 full. Let rest for about 10 minutes or until your ready to put them into the oven. Place in a cold oven and set oven temperature for 350 and bake for 45 minutes.









7 comments:

  1. I've never tried popovers because they sound so tricky! This recipe looks easy peasy! Thanks Debbi!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks like the tastiest breakfast ever! Good to know you can make them in a muffin pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like the perfect breakfast! Great SRC choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbi! I am so pleased to see you gave our popovers a try and my they look perfect! :)

    They are really lovely any time of day, but I love them best in the morning. So happy to have connected with you this month for SRC.

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Debbi - the perfect breakfast treat! Great choice this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. My mom used to make popovers and served them with gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at popovers and in the morning - brilliant idea! Great choice for SRC group C!

    ReplyDelete