Monday, May 11, 2015

Tex Mex Pinto Bean Spread



Do you like dip as much as I do?  I love to try new dips and spreads and sauces.  I love how you can make a sandwich with the same ingredients, but just change the spread on it, and it turns into a completely different sandwich.  I used this Tex Mex Pinto Spread instead of my usual Cilantro Jalapeno hummus on one of my veggie sandwiches and it was amazing!  My family thought me crazy to put beans on a sandwich.  Then they tried it.  They love it too.  Sad, only because now I have to share.



I put this on my Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing and it was perfect. The salad is awesome as is but this just brought it to a new level and I won't make it without the dip again now!

It may not look the prettiest of food but the taste is all that matters.  






Tex-Mex Pinto Bean Spread
From Steak n Potatoes Kinda Girl



  • 1 - 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tsp. fresh lime juice (or more if you love lime!)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 jalapeño pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomato 
  • 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)

Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a bowl. Stir in chopped tomato, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if desired.


Great with tortilla chips or Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing.

2 comments: