Friday, May 29, 2015

Orange Sherbet Cake

Do you remember Dreamsicles?  You know, the orange and vanilla popsicle thingys?  I loved those!  I don't think I've had one since I was small but I still remember how awesome they were.  Closest thing I've had to a Dreamsicle since is a orange and vanilla cream frozen drink with Triple Sec. That brings back some memories too!  Ah, but I digress. 

This is a fun and tasty summer dessert. Get the kids to help make it. They'll have a blast.

We may not have cut the prettiest of slices but it sure was tasty.  Totally reminded me of a Dreamsicle.  Just not on a stick. And without the triple sec. 

Orange Sherbet Cake Recipe

1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Box of Nilla Wafers, 11 oz, finely crushed
1 1/2 quart orange sherbet, softened

Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff. 

Combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers.  Save about a cup of the wafer crumbs for the top. 

Spray a 9 x 13 in pan with cooking spray.  Press the Nilla crust mixture on the bottom of the pan.  

Spread the softened sherbet over the top evenly. 

Spread the rest of the whipped cream over sherbet.

Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze. 

Let it set in the freezer for about 3 hours before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment