Monday, May 18, 2015

French Bread Pizza





Our family eating habits have changed a lot over the last decade or so. We used to be frozen pizza lovers. Now, I haven't bought a frozen pizza for over a year.  I do like to make homemade dough and homemade pizza.  While delicious and way more healthy than frozen pizza, it is a lot of work and it just doesn't happen as often as we would like. 

I was visiting Ashley's blog Rainstorms and Love Notes for the Secret Recipe Club and found this French Bread Pizza. This was a duh moment for me.  I can't believe I haven't been making this for years.  We buy this bread all the time.  They sell it in a 6 pack at Sam's Club and my kids love to make sandwiches out of it.  Why have I not turned it in to pizza before this??!!

Well, thank you Ashley for helping me to see the light.  We've already made this like 3 times this month.  It's so awesome cause everyone can make theirs how they like it.  Mine with ham, onion and pineapple, The daughter with just pepperoni and cheese. The boys are just pineapple and peppers and the husband will eat just about anything.  It's so easy that the kids can even make it themselves.  That works for me. See, we're all happy.  

Ashley from Rainstorms and Love Notes has a wonderful blog full of scrumptious recipes.  Her recipe list is awesome. Her Chicken and Waffle Bites are the cutest and tastiest looking things I've seen in awhile. I hope she doesn't mind me taking a picture off her blog but I just have to show you the picture of these things. 


Aren't those the cutest!!  Maybe I will make these WITH the French Bread Pizza next time!  Oh,  I would be popular with the kids that night!!





French Bread Pizza Recipe


1 French bread loaf, cut in half lengthwise
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
desired toppings - pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham mushrooms, peppers, onions, pineapple, whatever you like


Toast the French bread in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes. This will help the bread not to get soggy. 
Top the bread as desired.
Bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. You can broil it for the last few minutes to get the pizza extra crispy.









SH Wordpress (plug-in): [inlinkz_linkup id=512165 mode=1]

7 comments:

  1. I used to buy Stouffer's french bread pizza all the time, for an emergency or quick meal, and haven't ever thought to make a french bread pizza, duh! I love open face anything, can't wait to try this, thanks Debbie and Ashley!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. French bread pizza is such an easy weeknight meal when you're in the mood for it. Also a great do it yourself dinner for the kids. Great SRC post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally has me in the mood to make French bread pizza again - so easy and delicious! Glad you and your family had fun making (and eating) them. And of course I'm happy that you shared the chicken and waffle bites picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the easiest PIZZA recipe I have seen in a long time. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Delicious recipe! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete