Friday, April 10, 2015

Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies

My baby wanted cookies.  My 12 year old baby. He then went online and found a recipe and proceeded to make cookies. By himself. It was awesome.  

I don't particularly like making cookies. I prefer throwing something in a pan and baking it. Making batch after batch of cookies isn't my thing. 

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when he volunteered to do it all.  He made the batter, scooped tray after tray of batter on the pan and put them in and out of the oven. He even cleaned up. Sorta. I was seriously impressed. 

They tasted amazing too. They were crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. My favorite. With him around, I may never have to make a cookie again!

Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies

1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp. butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.

Put the butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat  until melted and smooth. Set aside.

Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl.

With electric beater, beat the mixture for about 10 minutes or until pale and creamy.

Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.

Stir in the melted chocolate followed by the butterscotch chips.  Let stand for about 10 minutes.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until dry and slightly cracked.

Cool on trays.


  1. They look delicious. That is cool that you son too initiative to bake cookies - could have a future chef on your hands.