Friday, February 6, 2015

Smokey Corn Salsa




A smokey zesty corn salsa that is a fantastic topping for tacos, fajitas, burritos or enchiladas. I love to eat it with tortillas chips!  The possibilities are endless. 



The beauty of this salsa is it's versatility.  You can add more hot sauce and jalapenos to make it super spicy. Or nix the hot sauce all together for just a nice blend of veggies. I like somewhere in between.



 I added several shakes of Pirate Jonny's Syrena Seduction hot sauce. It is smokey and the spices in it are just wonderful.  It was perfect in this corn salsa. 



We ate this with some grilled chicken cooked with some VooDoo Chef Red Spice.  This stuff is as good as it looks and I LOVE the name! Awesome spice that made for a fantastic fajita. Or chicken taco.  I don't know what to call it but it was delicious. 


  





Smokey Corn Salsa

1 can of yellow corn, drained. 
1 can of white corn, drained. 
1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp. white vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
few shakes of hot sauce (I used Pirate Jonny's)
Salt
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro

Mix the yellow and white corn, chiles, scallions, tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce and salt in a bowl.  Chill until serving. Toss the cilantro in before serving.  

Use with tacos, fajitas, enchiladas or burritos!!  I love it with burrito bowls!!





5 comments:

  1. Mmm... this looks so fresh and tasty - I want some yummy fish tacos to slather this on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corn salsa and this one looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you used that sauce to make a salsa. I have yet to use mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn salsa! The texture is my fav- sounds great.

    ReplyDelete