Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Roasted Potatoes with Chili Cumin Cottonseed Oil #TripleSBites





Roasted potatoes are probably one of the easiest, cheapest and most delicious side dish.  We make these often. The beauty of them is that you can add herbs, oils and spices and create different flavors and a different side dish, everytime you make them. 


I love to add sweet potatoes to the regular potatoes. It brightens them up and just adds a fantastic flavor. I love to add onion as well but my onion hating boys just don't like it so unless I made two trays of them, no onion for me. So sad. 


Acala Farms sent me some flavor infused cottonseed oil, Chili Cumin and Fresh Cilantro. Why Cottonseed Oil?  Click here to find out more about it. It is soooooooo good! 

They have a ton of flavors that I can't wait to try.  Fried Shallot, Jalapeno Lime, Smokey Chipotle, Roasted Garlic, Hot Habanero and more.  The flavor is spot on and very distinct.  I used the Chili Cumin on my potatoes and it really flavored them completely and more intensely than if I had used regular oil and dried spices.  I seriously will be placing an order to try the other flavors. 



Camilla from Culinary Adventures organized the whole TripleSBites giveaway and found the sponsors.  She has an amazing Focaccia Bread recipe using Acala Farms Fresh Cilantro Cottonseed Oil.  Can't wait to try that!!

Don't forget to enter the TripleSBites giveaway if you haven't yet. Tons of amazing prizes!!






Roasted Potatoes with Chili Cumin Cottonseed Oil Recipe

3 white potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (I kept the peels on)
2 sweet potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (I peeled these)
1 onion, chopped (optional) I totally would have put onion in this but my onion hating sons wouldn't have eaten it. 
2 tbsp. or so of Acala Farms Chili Cumin Cottonseed Oil

Place cut potatoes in a large bowl. Add onion if you're using onion.  Drizzle a coulpe tablespoons of Acala Farms Chili Cumin Cottonseed Oil over the potatoes and toss to coat.  Place in a single layer on a baking pan with parchment paper.  Roast in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and done inside. Cooking time may depend on size of potatoes. 








6 comments:

  1. We love roasted potatoes too and what a great idea to use the cumin chile oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chili cumin oil goes GREAT with potatoes - doesn't it?! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted potatoes and this is a great idea for the oil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pair. I was going to pan-fry some hashbrown in the chili oil this morning, but I forgot that I used it all last night on my kimchi cakes. Boo. Need to order some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove roasted potatoes! I bet they're great with the cottonseed oil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roasted potatoes is my favorite kind of potatoes. Great use of the oil!

    ReplyDelete