Saturday, February 7, 2015

Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich




I am famous for turning anything into a grilled cheese sandwich.  Well, famous in my household at least.  I love leftovers and they frequently turn into a grilled cheese the next day for lunch. Don't tell anyone but often I enjoy the sandwich more than the original dinner.  I love a good ooey gooey sandwich!  


My first thought when I received this Chai Sweet Chili Sauce from Intensity Academy was grilled cheese.  There are a whole bunch of other things that I could do but I knew it would be perfect on a ooey gooey grilled cheese.  So when I made Spicy Chicken for the family, I saw grilled cheese in the future.  

The chicken was a little spicy and the Chai Sweet Chili  Sauce kicked it up even more.  It was perfect.  The spicy tangyness from the sauce worked perfect with the chicken and cheese.  








Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe

2 pieces of bread
Butter
Grilled or breaded chicken (I used this recipe for spicy chicken) 
Cheese (I used Colby Jack)

Heat pan to medium. Butter both sides of the bread. Spread sweet chili sauce on the other side of the bread. Place one side of bread, butter side down on hot pan. Top with a slice with cheese, chicken and another slice of cheese. Flip when bottom is toasted.  Toast other side and remove to plate. Enjoy. 












5 comments:

  1. I love that you make all kinds of grilled cheese! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE grilled cheese! I never thought to use the sauce as sandwich spread, but it sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Love this!! Perfect comfort food lunch - I am always up for any version of grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and creative way to use the chai chill sauce on a grilled cheese sandwich

    ReplyDelete