Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bacon, Onion Meatloaf with Blueberry White Pepper Sauce #TripleSBites



This is an amazing meatloaf full of flavor.  The bacon and onion paired wonderfully with the sweetness of the Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup sauce. 



The only thing better than meatloaf?  Meatloaf sandwiches!!!

I sometimes want to make meatloaf JUST for the leftovers the next day.  My favorite has always been just mayo and meatloaf on toast. Now?  It totally needs a drizzle Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup sauce. 


Haven't tried this sauce yet?  Think blueberries and meatloaf sound weird?  Well, you'll just have to trust me on this.  It is awesome.  I totally loved it. So will you. Try it.  Now. 








Bacon, Onion Meatloaf with Blueberry White Pepper Sauce Recipe


1 lb. bacon, cooked and divided
2 lbs. ground turkey (or ground beef)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large eggs
1/2 cup bread or panko crumbs 
1/2 cup Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup Sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Topping:
1/2 onion sliced in rings
about 1/2 cup Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup Sauce
Leftover bacon 

Using your hands, mix the 2 lbs. of meat, 3/4 of the bacon, eggs, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Not Ketchup sauce, onion and garlic, salt and pepper until well blended.

Place pile of meat loaf on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Shape meat into meatloaf shape.  I actually make 2 of them so they are smaller and they cook faster.   

Bake for 35 - 40 minutes at 375. Check with a meat thermometer to see if its almost done. 

Cook sliced onions in a skillet with a bit of water for about 15 minutes to soften and start to caramelize. Add Not Ketchup sauce and the rest of the crumbled bacon and cook for about 5 minutes.  Set aside. 

Cover with barbecue onion mixture and return to the oven for about 10 - 20 minute or until meatloaf is done. Check with a meat thermometer to see if its done. 










4 comments:

  1. I like the turkey option. The Not ketchup sauces are amazing, aren't they? And, I'm totally with you on the meatloaf sandwich thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I have loved each of the Not Ketchup flavors I have tried and I think blueberry may be my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked a bad time to look at these posts---I'm getting hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspired!! And meatloaf sandwich with more sauce?! YES please! That looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete