Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Apple Dumplings #TripleSBites



This is an easy but super delicious way to make an apple dumpling. I wish I had some vanilla ice cream to go along with these. I was glad to find the reddi whip in the fridge though. 


I used my new Kitchen IQ spice grinder to grate some fresh cinnamon! This  thing works awesome.  There is a non-slip finger area for stability when grating.  There is a little cup underneath to catch all the gratings. I also used this to grate lemon zest to make lemon bars and I'm sure I'll using it for grating nutmeg and ginger as well. 



Don't forget to check out the TripleSBites giveaway!! There are a ton of great prizes!



Apple Dumpling Recipe

2 apples, I used Granny Smith
Lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/4 tsp. vanilla 
8 canned buttermilk biscuits
4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 

Slice the apple into 8 slices. You can peel the apple if you want but I left the peel on. Squeeze some lemon juice on the apple to keep it from turning brown. 

In a medium pan, mix 1 cup water, 3/4 cup of the sugar and the butter. Bring mixture to boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. 

Separate each biscuit into two layers.  Stuff a slice of apple inside the biscuit and stretch the biscuit around and seal the edges.  Place the biscuits in a 9 x 13 in. pan.  Pour the hot sugar mixture over the biscuits. 

Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the wrapped apples.  Bake until golden brown, 35 minutes.  









7 comments:

  1. What a fun recipe and easy to make using refrigerated biscuits1

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely and I LOVE that v spice grater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that spice grinder, too. Thanks for sharing with #TripleSBites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Can't go wrong with warm spices and apples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic and the "cheat" method just makes them like 10x better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I agree about the ice cream...and I'd want to add caramel sauce :)

    ReplyDelete