Sunday, November 16, 2014

S'mores Clusters

We've made a lot of s'mores this year.  The fire pit gets lit every weekend and out come the chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers.  They've pretty much become a staple in the house this fall. 

I needed a quick dessert to bring to a gathering and went to my Secret Recipe Club assignment to find something. I've been to Desiree's blog several times and knew she had several desserts that would work.

She had S'mores Bites and S'mores Clusters. I thought about making both but in the end decided on the clusters.  I'll save the Bites for another day. 

These were fun to make. The kids got together and helped and had a blast. 

I actually made another recipe from Desiree's blog this month.  Her Tex Mex Pinto Bean Spread.  I made that like 2 days after I got her as a Secret Recipe Club assignment.  It ate it with crackers and carrot chips, I even spread it on a veggie sandwich. It was awesome and I've been meaning to make it again. Only problem was I only got pictures of the ingredients. I forgot to take pictures of the final recipe.  Whoops.  I'll be making it again and posting it real soon. It was for sure a keeper!

The S'mores Clusters were a hit and everyone loved them. I'm so glad that I had a chance to re-visit Desiree's blog and I hope you can visit her at SteakNPotatoes Kinda Gurl.  

S'mores Clusters Recipe
Recipe from SteakNPotatoes Kinda Gurl

  • 6 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, broken into pieces
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 6 graham crackers, broken until pieces
Place candy pieces in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for a minute and a half or two minutes, or until chocolate is melted when mixture is stirred.

Stir in marshmallows and graham cracker pieces until well coated. Drop by spoonfuls into miniature paper muffin cups. Cover; refrigerate until firm.


  1. Yay for portion control! Desi has so many s'mores recipes - she's obsessed! These sound fabulous and definitely kid friendly!

  2. Oh wow! These s'mores clusters looks so delicious! Who can say no to a combination like this?

  3. Oh cool we had each other!! So glad you liked these... I love how simple they are :) Yes these would be awesome to make with the kids.... so easy! You're so good for making 2 recipes :) Glad you liked em!

  4. Hehe - I did the same thing this month - made another one of Annie's Noms recipes but never got around to taking photos so had to make another delish recipe. These looks so good - I knew I'd like them just from the title alone.

  5. These look great. A quick little dessert, I may just add them to the Christmas treats, they look like they would freeze great!

  6. S'mores are my favorite! I like these as I could easily transform this into a dairy-free treat for my little guy as I could sub my d-f chocolate chips easily for the broken candy bars and it would be a perfect dessert to take along for the holidays.

  7. I would end up eating all of these. YUM!!!

  8. These look so easy and delicious. What a great way to change up mores and make them any time of year.