We have had a beautiful fall so far. Raking and playing in the leaves and bonfires are some favorite things in the fall. Nice as it is though, it is pretty chilly. One of the best ways to warm up is a mug of hot chocolate. I've been making plenty of hot chocolate so far.
Pumpkin of course is a favorite flavor in the fall. This Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate just tastes like fall. It is warm and comforting and perfect after a cool day playing outside.
Pumpkin Pie White Chocolate Hot Chocolate
Recipe from Closet Cooking
- 3 cups whole milk (I used 1% but whole would make it creamier)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
- pinch salt
- Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, spices and vanilla in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer and remove form heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.