Friday, October 24, 2014

Candy Corn Peanut Pumpkin Blondies



People are completely divided when it comes to Candy Corn. You either love it or hate it. I know people who think that the fall season is defined by Candy Corn and buy it in bulk, decorate with it and simply devote their lives to Candy Corn for an entire month or so.  I know others who consider it the dessert equivalent to plastic.  

It is estimated that 25 million pounds of Candy Corn are sold each year. 25 million pounds.  Holy cow, that is a lot of Candy Corn. 



I don't eat a lot of candy period and I don't find Candy Corn incredibly appealing.  I might eat a couple of candies but that's about it. I do find myself buying a bag or two each year. I can't help myself.  It's just something you do in autumn. Right? Or it just me?

Well, I decided to stick them in some blondies.  They tasted pretty cool in these. They melted enough that you could still see the color but they stayed soft like the blondie.  My kids thought these were the greatest thing in the world.  Looks like I'll for sure be buying more Candy Corn next year for these guys.



Candy Corn Pumpkin Peanut Blondies

Recipe from Picky Palate


  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup candy corn pieces
  • 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts, crushed
Icing (optional)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Place softened butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, egg and vanilla into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Stir in flour, salt, candy corn pieces and peanuts. Transfer to lined baking dish. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes.
  3. To prepare icing, whisk powdered sugar and cream until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. I didn't use the icing as they were sweet enough. 


1 comment: