Thursday, September 25, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus



A friend of mine once said, "It isn't a party unless there is hummus!"

I am not in disagreement with this statement. Hummus completely rocks. Roasted red peppers are pretty amazing too.  I love roasting red peppers in the fall.  They smell amazing while roasting in your oven.  



We served this with blue tortilla chips and gluten free crackers.  It tasted fantastic!

I kicked it up a bit with a bit of Carrot Karma by Intensity Academy Gourmet Sauces.  I just put a teaspoon in it and it turned out amazing. 





Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Adapted from Closet Cooking
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 roasted red peppers
  • 2 tbsp. tahini
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper 
  • 1 tsp. hot sauce (I used Carrot Karma)

  • Puree everything in a food processor adding water if necessary to bring it to the consistency that you like and salt and pepper to taste.
To roast peppers: Put 2 peppers in the oven at like 500 degrees.  Roast until skin is just starting to bubble and get blackened.  Remove from oven and put peppers in a gallon sized baggie and seal.  Wait about 10 minutes and you should be able to remove the skins. 






10 comments:

  1. I love hummus and roasted red pepper is my favorite- love the added kick of heat in your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to red pepper hummus! This looks amazing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun twist on hummus! This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made hummus at home, but boy I sure love to eat it! :D This looks FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. roasted red pepper hummus is one of my favorites. Love the addition of some spice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummus IS awesome! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely and healthy dip that may be used in so many ways. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pass the bowl, please. Red Pepper Hummus is such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummus....yes that is a party! Love the stuff and thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried red pepper Hummus. It is going on my list

    ReplyDelete