Friday, September 26, 2014

Honey Grilled Chicken with Vegetable Kebabs - #10DaysofTailgate



I love to grill vegetables but rarely do I make kebabs. In fact, I think I've only made them once before. Firewire sent me some awesome flexible grilling skewers. These were awesome to use. If you're an avid griller and love kebabs, I totally recommend them. I know I'll be grilling more vegetables this way. 



I made chicken for the meat eaters in the family too.  The marinade worked great for both the veggies and the chicken. If you want to combine your chicken and veggies on the skewer, go right ahead.  This way worked for us.  



Having people over for the game?  Tailgating from the back of the pickup?  This is a fantastic meal to serve for everyone. 



Check out the #10DayofTailgate giveaway.  FireWire is giving away these flexible grilling skewers.  This is an awesome opportunity to try them out.  


I also had an opportunity to try out the ThermoPop from ThermoWorks. This thermometer is awesome. It comes in 9 different colors, click on over to see which color is your favorite. The numbers are nice and big and clear so it's easy to tell when your grilling meat is done. It reads in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. It's seriously nicer than my other thermometer.  I'm pretty picky about my meat and always use a thermometer to make sure things are done. I was glad to have this when grilling this chicken!  

Oh, ThermoWorks is giving one away, have you entered the giveaway yet?  




#10DaysofTailgate is giving away more prizes too.  Click over and enter to win!  Pick Your Plum is giving away a $25 gift certificate!  Gourmet Garden is giving away a whole cooler of awesome herbs and spices! Maple Leaf Farms is giving away a package of Duck Goodies.  Plus many more!!  Enter here!





Honey Grilled Chicken with Vegetable Kebabs Recipe


Marinade:
2 tbsp. oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 cloves garlic

2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts (I used tenders)

For the Kebabs:
Zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, corn on the cob, whatever you want to put on them. 

In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Place the chicken and the vegetables in the bowl, cover and shake.  Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  

Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables.  Thread the vegetables alternately onto the skewers.  If you're putting the chicken on the kebabs, make sure they are in small bite sized pieces and thread those as well.  I like to grill my chicken separately from the kebabs. 

Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, until vegetables and chicken are done. 







Here's what the rest of the crew brought to the table...

Starters
Diablo’d Cheesy Bacon-Onion Pinwheel Rolls by Things I Make (for Dinner)
Spiced Kofta with Carrot Karma Yogurt Dip by Culinary Adventures with Camilla

Dips
Baked Potato Beer Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip by Eliot’s Eats
Healthier Buffalo Cauliflower Dip by The Spiffy Cookie
Dunkin Duck, Cheesy Bacon and Ranch Dip by A Day in the Life on the Farm

Mains
Honey Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
Thai Chicken Skewers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup by From Gate to Plate

Sides
Grilled Parsley Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere
Grilled Vegetables by Summer Scraps

Sweets
Pumpkin Bars by The Pajama Chef

8 comments:

  1. Perfect way to grill chicken and healthy too! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful chicken dinner. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to skewer corn like that! Genius. Thanks for sharing with #10DaysofTailgate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those kebabs - I've never done corn like that either; brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kebabs are so good and yours look fantastic. ~ Bea @ The Not So Cheesy Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are doing shrimp kabobs tonight that I wish I had been able to get done for #10DaysofTailgate! These looks delicious, Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kebabs are so pretty and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you strung pieces of corn cobb on there too.

    ReplyDelete