There are days that I have a dozen kids here. Yea, it can get busy around here. Every once in awhile I like to give them treats. Rice crispy treats are the most popular. You can do so many things with them. You can add peanut butter, top with chocolate or sprinkles or you can use different cereals.
We always have 6 large containers full of cereal. We go through a butt ton of cereal. I don't often keep Rice Krispies on hand though. So we've gotten creative with what kind of cereal to make treats.
Honey Nut Cheerios is always here. So they all voted to make treats with Honey Nut Cheerios. Pretty much same procedure as Rice Krispy Bars. We doubled the recipe as we had a whole bunch of people here. They went really fast!
I actually liked these better. They got mixed reviews. Some said they were better, some didn't. They all liked them and said we could totally do it again. Of course, unless we find another cereal to make marshmallow treats with.
What kind of cereal have you used to make Marshmallow Treats?
Honey Nut Cheerios Treats Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Place Cheerios in a large bowl. Add marshmallow mixture to the Cheerios and stir until the cereal is completely coated.
3. Spoon mixture into a greased 8×8 pan. Coat a sheet of parchment paper with cooking spray and press down on the cereal (using the side coated with cooking spray) until its surface is even. Double recipe and use a 9 x 13 pan.