Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Beefy 5 Layer Burrito - Taco Bell Copycat



I love Taco Bell. I admit. I know it's quite unhealthy but every once in awhile I got to have a Taco Bell fix. I have to admit, I've never had the Beefy 5 Layer Burrito.  One of my kids' friends orders it when we go there.  So when I saw this copycat recipe, I thought of him.  



I've been looking at Sarah's copycat recipes on her blog Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.  She has over 60 of them!!  There are several that I want to try.  



This Beefy 5 Layer Burrito was a hit and tasted very similar.  I think I went a little heavy with the cheese in this one but no one really complained.  What restaurant meal would you like to see a copycat of?





Beefy 5 Layer Burrito - Taco Bell Copycat Recipe
Recipe from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes


What you need:
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
Taco seasoning mix
Refried beans
Nacho cheese or salsa con queso
Sour cream
Cheddar cheese
Tortillas
Directions:
1. Brown ground beef and drain if necessary. Add taco seasoning plus water and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Heat refried beans.
3. To build, spread beans on one half of each tortilla. Top with beef, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
4. Spread nacho cheese on the empty half of the tortilla.
5. Fold the burrito tightly starting at the full end.



No comments:

Post a Comment