I've learned to keep roasted red peppers in the cupboard. They are now a staple in the pantry. I tend to forget about them and therefore don't use them as often as I should. We always have red peppers but these little babies are just loaded with extra flavor and are incredibly awesome!
This came together super quickly and made a fantastic and tasty lunch. The only thing I changed from the original recipe was I replaced the oil with some of the juice from the red peppers. Just that small amount of liquid tasted wonderful over the pasta. Rotini is one of my favorite pastas as the ridges seem to catch all that liquidy awesomeness.
Rotini with Red Pepper Garlic Sauce Recipe
Adapted from Under the Big Oak Tree
5 - 7 oz. dry pasta, I like rotini
1 cup roasted red peppers, drained - reserve some liquid
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
5 - 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a couple tablespoons of water in a pan.
- To water, add the roasted red peppers and minced garlic. Add a couple of tbsp. of the roasted red pepper liquid. Stir while cooking until heated.
- Add the Italian Seasoning, red pepper flakes and basil leaves.
- Cook until heated through. Don't let too much of the liquid evaporate, the liquid is awesome poured over the pasta.
- Serve over the hot pasta.