Monday, July 7, 2014

Grilled Chicken with Mojo Marinade

My kids looked at the chicken as we pulled it off the grill.  They wrinkled their noses and said, 

"Mom. It's green."

I thought it was pretty cool. I knew the marinade was green but I didn't realize that it would actually turn the chicken green. It was only slightly green, with a light green tint. Very cool. 

This was a super easy marinade to pull together.  I purposely used mostly cilantro stems since they were pureed anyways.  That way I can save my leaves for something else. 

I've made this marinade several times and we've since dubbed this as Kermit Chicken. My brother says that this is the best chicken he's ever had. Apparently, green is good.  

Grilled Chicken with Mojo Marinade
Adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen

5 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves and stems
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

Mix everything in a food processor and process until blended.  Use on chicken or beef.

Put chicken in large plastic bag and pour marinade over chicken. Marinate for at least an hour, I usually marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.

Grill until chicken is fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment