Thursday, July 17, 2014

Apple Chips

I like to snack.  Way too often, I find myself perusing the kitchen for things to snack on.  Chips are my favorite.  Obviously I don't keep chips around so I resort to making them myself.  

The only thing annoying about my apple chips is that I don't have an apple corer.  I've made these many times but I still haven't bought an apple corer.  So stupid.  Hopefully you'll have one which will make coring these apples much easier. 

These apple chips are super tasty.  The kids love them and they never last very long.  I don't use a lot of sugar on them so I know that it is a healthy snack. 

Apple Chips Recipe

2 apples
lemon juice
ground cinnamon
granulated sugar
(I like the ratio of 1/4 cup sugar to 1 tbsp. cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Wash and thinly slice the apples.  Spread the apple slices onto the baking pans in a single layer.  Using a pastry brush, brush a super thin layer of lemon juice on the apples.  Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar. 

Bake for about 2 1/2 hours and the turn the oven off an leave inside for about 1/2 hour to an hour to get crispy.

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! Do they stay crispy?! Thanks for your continued good thoughts about my husband, I appreciate it!!