Grilled cheese is like an event at my house. Quite often we make dinner and then think, "How can I turn this into a grilled cheese." No joke.
I was thrilled to visit the blog Melissa's Cuisine for The Secret Recipe Club. I spent a lot of time debating which recipe to make as she had so, so many awesome recipes. I knew right away when I found this grilled cheese recipe that this would be a hit in the house.
I don't buy Nutella often. It's dangerous. We all end up eating way too much of it. However, this sandwich created a perfect excuse to buy some.
My oldest son loves, loves, loves grilled cheese sandwiches. I think he ate 2 of these sandwiches, 3 days in a row. He absolutely loved them.
I have a feeling that Nutella will be making a regular appearance around here. Thanks Melissa for a great sandwich!
Adapted from Melissa's Cuisine
2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 Tablespoons Nutella
2 Tablespoons Cream cheese, softened
6 strawberries, sliced flat
1. Butter each piece of bread on one side.
2. Spread Nutella on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread.
3. Spread cream cheese on the unbuttered side of the other slice of bread.
4. Place sliced strawberries on top of the Nutella and top with the other slice of bread, butter side out.
5. Place sandwich, butter side down, on a hot pan.
6. When the bottom slice of bread is browned, carefully flip the sandwich and cook until the other side is browned.
7. Cut the sandwich in half before serving.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Jalapeno Cornbread Grilled Cheese with Chipotle Black Beans
Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Red Onion Jam
Grilled Cheese Onion Burgers
Crunchy Cabbage and Avocado Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwich
Hot Dog, Ham and Cheese Grilled Cheese
Shredded BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheddar Sandwich