Monday, June 16, 2014

Strawberry and Nutella Grilled Cheese

Grilled cheese is like an event at my house. Quite often we make dinner and then think, "How can I turn this into a grilled cheese."  No joke.

I was thrilled to visit the blog Melissa's Cuisine for The Secret Recipe Club. I spent a lot of time debating which recipe to make as she had so, so many awesome recipes.  I knew right away when I found this grilled cheese recipe that this would be a hit in the house. 

I don't buy Nutella often. It's dangerous.  We all end up eating way too much of it.  However, this sandwich created a perfect excuse to buy some.  

My oldest son loves, loves, loves grilled cheese sandwiches. I think he ate 2 of these sandwiches, 3 days in a row. He absolutely loved them. 

I have a feeling that Nutella will be making a regular appearance around here. Thanks Melissa for a great sandwich!

Strawberry and Nutella Grilled Cheese
Adapted from Melissa's Cuisine

2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 Tablespoons Nutella
2 Tablespoons Cream cheese, softened
6 strawberries, sliced flat

1.  Butter each piece of bread on one side. 

2.  Spread Nutella on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread.

3.  Spread cream cheese on the unbuttered side of the other slice of bread.

4.  Place sliced strawberries on top of the Nutella and top with the other slice of bread, butter side out.

5.  Place sandwich, butter side down, on a hot pan.

6. When the bottom slice of bread is browned, carefully flip the sandwich and cook until the other side is browned.

7. Cut the sandwich in half before serving.

More Grilled Cheese Recipes

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Jalapeno Cornbread Grilled Cheese with Chipotle Black Beans
Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Red Onion Jam
Grilled Cheese Onion Burgers
Crunchy Cabbage and Avocado Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwich
Hot Dog, Ham and Cheese Grilled Cheese
Shredded BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheddar Sandwich


  1. Wow! My girls would go crazy over these!

  2. I'm in love! Biscoff and Nutella are the same for me - I try not to keep them in the house because, well, they don't "keep" for very long. haha! But this sandwich is a nice way to portion it out - sounds so delicious!

  3. As a teen I was invited to a dinner by an older woman who loved to cook. For dessert we had grilled chocolate sandwiches, which were made by taking a chocolate bar, softening it a little, putting it between two slices of white bread, slather the outside with as much butter as possible and grilling it like a grilled cheese. They were positively decadent!
    This was the first time I reproduced something someone else had fixed, and I enjoyed several grilled chocolate sandwiches until I came to my senses regarding how many calories I was ingesting.
    I would imagine this sandwich is just as delicious!

  4. Peanut butter, banana and nutella sandwiches are one of my favorite guilty pleasures. But I don't buy Nutella (or biscoff butter) for the reasons you described... Great SRC post

  5. Oh, I could definitely do this one - for breakfast - daily!!!

  6. Ahhh, it's like a dessert grilled cheese!