Monday, June 2, 2014

Guacamole Slaw





Guacamole is the new sour cream.  At least in this house. 

I used to be a huge sour cream fan. Sour cream went on everything.  Well, now that I've been eliminating dairy out of my diet; no sour cream. I still haven't tried the dairy free sour cream. 

I've always liked guacamole but only bought it once in awhile. Now, avocados are always in the house and I always seem to be making some sort of guacamole dip.  



I thought this was a brilliant idea to add coleslaw to guacamole.  We've made this a couple of times and just love it. All the guacamole taste with the crispy crunch of the coleslaw. No lettuce even needed for these tacos.  Just some spicy Pico de Gallo and some Chipotle Taco Meat.  I eat mine with Chipotle Refried Beans. Yum. 




Guacamole Slaw
Adapted from Mangia

1 large ripe avocado, mashed
2 tbsp. non dairy milk, I used almond milk
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small tomato, diced
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 package of shredded cabbage mix
1 small lime, juiced
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

In a small food processor, combine the avocado and milk, process until smooth. Add cilantro, garlic, onion, tomato, cumin and jalapeno and process a few times until mixed.  

Place the cabbage mix into another bowl. 

Pour the lime juice and vinegar over the top of the cabbage. 

Pour the avocado mixture over the cabbage and toss until combined. 

Season with salt and pepper. 

Chill in fridge until ready to serve. Serve with Pico de Gallo on tacos.  Great with Chipotle Taco Meat or Chipotle Black Beans!



Tweet

3 comments:

  1. Awesome idea Debbie! Sounds delicious and looks it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - anything with avocado is a winner in my world!!!

    ReplyDelete