Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Banana Fritters



Breakfast is my favorite meal.  Rarely do we actually eat typical breakfast foods in the morning though.  My kids eat eggs all the time. I love to make a bowl of oatmeal for dinner.  My kids request pancakes all the time.  Any time of the day. Today I made banana fritters. They seemed kinda breakfasty so I made other breakfast foods to go with them. 




The kids called these banana pancakes.  The daycare kids said that I should make banana pancakes everyday. My 15 year old at his with powdered sugar and gave me a huge thumbs up.  I'd say if you can please teenagers and 3 year olds with the same meal, it's a success.  




Banana Fritters
Adapted from Cook with Sara

3-4 ripe bananas, 1 lb
1 extra large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a large bowl, mash the bananas and blend in the eggs. Stir in the flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drop spoonfuls (2 to 3 inches in diameter) of the batter into the hot oil. Spread as thin as possible. Reduce the heat to medium. When bubbles begin to appear, turn and cook the other side until golden brown. They can be hard to turn. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven. Serve them with maple syrup or honey.



1 comment: