Friday, June 20, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal



I eat oatmeal about 5 days a week.  It's healthy and super filling.  I have a couple different ways of making oatmeal so it never gets boring. 



I use about 1/2 apple in my oatmeal. Fuji apple is my favorite but you can use whatever kind you like. 


I just use a small bit of pecans. Just enough to get a bit of crunch. I love pecans but you can use walnuts too.  



I love almond milk.  It is tasty and creamy and tastes fantastic in oatmeal.  


Just a touch of sweetness.  


I like a lot of cinnamon in my oatmeal. Use whatever amount is good for you.  I cook it for about 5 minutes. I use a really big bowl as it likes to puff up and boil over. Makes for a messy microwave. 

This is a big bowl of oatmeal.  Super filling and stays with you for a long, long time.  




Apple Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal Recipe

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup almond milk
1/2 apple, diced
3 tbsp. pecans, chopped
1 - 2 tbsp. maple syrup
few shakes of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together.  Microwave for about 5 minutes. Cool a bit and enjoy. 




1 comment:

  1. Oatmeal just spikes my sugar so much - that looks delicious though - my favorite apple is Fuji too - makes the best apple pies!

    ReplyDelete