Friday, April 18, 2014

Strawberry Pancakes


 

We almost always eat fruit with our pancakes but we don't often eat fruit IN the pancakes.  I love blueberry pancakes but for some reason most of the family prefer the blueberries on the side.  Strawberries are a favorite around here and even when they aren't in season, we eat them all the time.  

I just knew that strawberries in pancakes would be awesome.  But I wasn't sure how the others would go for it. 




I was afraid that the chunks of strawberries would be too big and that they wouldn't cook right.  But I was wrong and they cooked perfectly and the strawberries were perfect. The family completely loved them.  I only regret that I didn't double the batch!



Strawberry Pancakes

1 1/4 cups flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups sliced strawberries

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In an small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.  

Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry.  Stir in the melted butter.  The batter should be thick and smooth.  Fold in the strawberries.  Spoon the batter onto a hot pan.  Cook the pancakes until set and bubbly, about 3 minutes.  Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.  Serve with maple syrup if desired. 



1 comment:

  1. Whenever I make blueberry pancakes I zest a lemon in the batter - so good! I'll have to give your strawberry pancakes a go.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete