Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Santa Fe Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette




I love salads and eat them all the time but am super lazy about making my own salad dressing. I've done it on occasion but not often enough.  We eat a lot of southwestern flavored food around here.  A regular meal on the menu includes some kind of southwestern or taco salad. Usually with salsa or taco sauce as a dressing. 

As soon as I saw Candi's recipe for this Chili Lime Vinaigrette, I knew I had to make it right away.  


I've already made this dressing twice and my daughter has requested it several times.  I will triple the recipe and make it in a mason jar and just shake away.  I threw leftover chicken on some of the salads but kept mine vegetarian.  Incredibly easy to make and super versatile.





Santa Fe Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
Adapted from Family, Stamping and Food

Santa Fe Saladromaine lettuce, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
black beans, rinsed and drained
corn (either from a can or frozen) rinsed and drained or thawed and drained
red onions, sliced
Optional: Chicken, black olives, avocado

Layer everything in a large bowl.


Chili Lime Vinaigrette
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
2 Tablespoon honey mustard
salt
pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil

Whisk first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.  Add oil and continue whisking until smooth and glossy.  I like to make a lot of dressing so I triple the recipe and combine it all in a mason jar and shake.




2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious Debbi! Can't wait to try it! :D

    Hope you are having a good week - maybe someday our weather will turn into spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good, and I love how simple the dressing is! Gotta try it! I don't make our own dressings enough either.

    ReplyDelete