Monday, April 14, 2014

Kung Pao Chickpea Tacos




Chinese takeout is my favorite. What I don't like is how I feel after eating it though.  There is always way too much salt and I just never feel good the next day. So if I want to enjoy Asian food, I have to make it myself.  I've made so many recipes that I absolutely love. This is one of the first vegetarian Asian meals that I have made and loved. 


This is seriously the easiest recipe.  We doubled the recipe so we'd have leftovers and I am so glad I did. I ate this for lunch for a few days and it was wonderful. 

The sauce is perfect. Though I absolutely love the tacos, next time I might double the sauce and serve it over rice. Though seriously, tacos rock!





Kung Pao Chickpea Taco Recipe
Adapted from Eats Well With Others

  • 1 can chickpeas
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp dark sesame oil, divided
  • 2 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
  • 1 lb snow peas, coarsely chopped
  • 3 tbsp coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
  • 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
  1. Rinse and drain chickpeas.
  2. Whisk together the soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sriracha.
  3. Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the pepper slices and snow peas and saute until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add in the sauce and chickpeas, and cook until heated through.
  4. Distribute the filling among the tortillas and top with the peanuts. Serve.



1 comment:

  1. This really appeals to me because we love Asian, we love Kung Pao, and I love meatless meals! And I think the hubs likes kung pao enough to forgive me for using beans instead of chicken - haha! I hope to make this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete