Tacos rock. I really think I could eat tacos daily. We don't do a lot of shrimp here but when I made this jerk marinade awhile back, I just knew that it had to be made again with shrimp. On tacos.
Since we were grilling, we grilled up some pineapple for an awesome Pineapple Salsa. The Pineapple Crema just rocked on the tacos and balanced out the spiciness of the shrimp.
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema Recipe
Adapted from Closet Cooking
- 1 pound (16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup jerk marinade
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup pina colada crema (see below)
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups grilled pineapple salsa
Pina Colada Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (just skim 2 tbsp. off the top without shaking)
- 1 tablespoon rum (or 1 teaspoon rum extract) (optional)
- Puree everything for the crema in a food processor and enjoy!
Marinate the shrimp in the the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Toss the cabbage in half of the crema.
- Assemble tacos by placing the slaw on the tortillas, followed by the pineapple salsa and shrimp finally topping with a drizzle of crema.