Friday, March 28, 2014

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

See all that green awesome broccoli?  I'm convinced that by adding broccoli to this meal, it somehow made it healthy. Ok, so this is not your healthiest of pasta.  But holy cow is it GOOD!  

I would deem this company worthy. Seriously good stuff.  

If you're concerned about the processed cheese, you can sub some other good melting cheese.  I do tend to stay away from processed stuff like Velveeta but sometimes I  just can't help myself.  Healthy it is not, but tastes great!

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 lb. spaghetti noodles
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 - 15 oz. can chicken broth
3/4 stick butter
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion, chopped finely
3 - 4 celery ribs, chopped finely
1/4 green pepper,chopped finely (I threw all 3 veggies in the food processor)

Fill a big stock pot with water.  Add chicken and some salt.  Let chicken come to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer chicken until done.  About 45 - 50 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve liquid.

Bring the chicken water back to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook until done.

While spaghetti is cooking, cut up or shred the chicken.

Chop up all the veggies. I stuck them all in the food processor.  Melt butter in a skillet and add the veggies.  Saute until they are tender and translucent.  About 5 minutes.

Reserve about 2 cups of the cooked broth or just use canned chicken broth.  In a large bowl, combine Velveeta cheese, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Place in microwave and cook on low for about 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and cheese is melted.

To the cheese mixture, add the cooked veggies with butter, spaghetti noodles and chicken pieces.  Stir to combine.

Spray a 9 - 13 in. baking dish with cooking spray and add combined mixture.  Top finished casserole with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and casserole is bubbly.  Remove from oven and let cook and serve.


  1. Yummy! I've never had a good version of this b/c the first time I made it I used fat-free everything and it was just OK. The second time was a meal at a friend's house and she cooked the chicken in the crockpot until it was not only tender, but mush. Like if you touched it, it turned into chicken paste, it was so overcooked. So that affected the final result. I need to try it the way it was meant to be! Looks great!

  2. Did you get this one from PW? I am so lazy I didn't go check to see if it's the same one but I know this recipe is pretty popular so it could have come from anywhere.