Monday, February 24, 2014

Shredded Wheat Monster Cookies



Last fall I shared Shredded Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They were such a hit that I make them all the time now.  We seriously go through a lot of Mini Wheats here, even though I never touch the stuff. 


Well, one day I went into my baking box that I keep in the cupboard and a big jar of marshmallow fluff exploded everywhere.  Yikes.  So I salvaged what I could and decided to make Shredded Wheat cookies.  Adding the pecans, butterscotch and M&M's basically turned them into monster cookies.  


The result was awesome!  They may not be the prettiest cookie but they are the same crispy cookie with a whole lot going on inside!  The kids want me to make them this way all the time. 




Shredded Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup finely processed frosted shredded wheat crumbs
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup M&M's
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
8 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Process shredded wheat crumbs in a food processor or blender.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until well blended.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Combine with butter mixture and stir to combine.  Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, M&M's and pecans.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 375.


No comments:

Post a Comment