Did you know that an entire cauliflower is like 150 calories? Full of potassium and fiber. So healthy and tasty. But for some reason I forget to buy them. I rarely eat them.
I've been seeing a cauliflower crust pizza recipe floating around and I've been waiting to try it. So when cauliflower was on sale, I snatched one up right away.
I've made a white bean pizza before and absolutely loved it. I knew it would be perfect on this cauliflower crust.
I did have a problem getting all the moisture out of the cauliflower. I needed to leave it in the oven longer and it didn't get super crispy. It was more of a knife and fork kind of pizza. However, it did taste fantastic!
This was an incredible vegan meal for my 30 Days of Vegan recipes.
White Bean Italian Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Crust adapted from Nutrition Stripped
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 2 cups yield), after pureeing and squeezed dry
- 2 whole eggs or Vegan: 2 Tbs. ground flax seed + 6 Tbs. water.
- 1 Tbs. flour or gluten free flour
- 3 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp. dried basil and oregano (each)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To create the pureed cauliflower, simply chop all the cauliflower florets into small pieces, place into a blender and blend until pureed (it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth).
- Place the pureed cauliflower mixture into some paper towels over a large bowl (to catch the liquid) and squeeze the excess water from the cauliflower. Or keep changing the paper towel until it's dryer.
- The end result will resemble a firm puree.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into the large bowl and hand mix with a large spoon or whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the “dough” into either 1 large pizza shape or 2 small pizza rounds on parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden brown and firm to touch. You might have to leave it in for another 15 minutes or so if you are like me and can't get enough liquid out of it.
- Take out of the oven and top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until everything on the top has warmed.
White Bean Puree
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. water
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Puree in blender until smooth.
Spread White Bean Puree on top of crust. Top with favorite toppings. I used squash, onion, peppers and spinach. Put pizza back in oven for 10 minutes to warm everything.