Monday, March 18, 2013

Pavlova with Strawberry Whipped Cream





 
This month for the Secret Recipe Club, I was thrilled to explore Christinas blog Mis-Cakes Oven Adventures.  She has so many tasty treats on her blog, I was worried I wouldn't be able to choose just one!  I immediately chose her Pavlova with Strawberry Whipped Cream.  I've tried to make pavlova before, using a different recipe and was eager to see this recipe and what the difference would be. 
 
This pavlova has the crispy outer layer that I so love.  The middle is light and marshmallowy. (is that a word?) 
 

 
The strawberry whipped cream was fantastic on top.  My pictures are not good at all, I'm afraid we were more interested in eating the dessert than taking pictures of it!!
 
 

 
Pavlova with Strawberry Whipped Cream Recipe
Recipe from Mis-Cake Oven Adventures

Pavlova
6 egg whites – room temp
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

Strawberry Whipped Cream
1/2 c whipping cream
2 tbs confectioners sugar
5 tbs strawberry puree
1 tsp vanilla
Kiwi to garnish

Pavlova
Preheat oven to 250 F. Move oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Spray parchment with non-stick spray.
Place egg whites in a bowl. Beat egg whites on medium high until stiff peaks begin to form. Then add in your sugar a tablespoon at a time. Beat another 10 minutes. Add in your cream of tartar and mix one more minute.
Scoop egg whites on to your parchment paper filling in your circle. Flatten out with a spatula. Place in the oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until it’s firm to the touch. Let cool before garnishing with whipped cream.

Strawberry Whipped Cream
With an electric mixer pour in your whipped cream. Beat on high until soft peaks form and then add in your vanilla and confectioners sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form and then add in your strawberry puree just until mixed.
Top pavlova with all the whipped cream and garnish with kiwi or any fresh fruit you choose.








22 comments:

  1. Every time I see a recipe for pavlova, I'm inspired to make it and yet I haven't. Today's no different but I love it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fancy looking dessert! I love all the fruity flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had pavlova! What have I been waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks beautiful! I love making pavlova!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yeah, marshmallowy is a word (at least in my world :) This just sounds so so good - love the kiwi with the strawberries. Thanks so much for being SRC Group C's fearless leader - this is only my second month but I'm loving this community!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry cream inside is a great idea. I love pavlova -one of my faves.

    Missing SRC, but I'm still checking out the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one caught my eye and I had to read about it! With spring around the corner this is definitely on my list- a few tweaks to make it allergy free for the family and I can taste it already ! Ty for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at marshmallowy! I've always wanted to try to make a Pavlova and I think I just have to try yours! Yummy! Great pick!
    -Lacy @ NYCityEats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbi - WOWZER! Terrific SRC selection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbi: The addition of strawberry cream to the pavlova gives to it a very fresh look...I just wish I could dig in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great recipe and looks super tasty. I have never made one of these before but now I need too. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pavlova is on my baking bucket list. My Hubs loves meringues so I'm thinking he would like this big giant one. And strawberry whipped cream sounds divine! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh I could just devour this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like such a light and decadent treat! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again I am reminded that I must attempt a pavlova! This one sounds so tempting with the strawberry cream!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pavlovas, yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbi your pavlova look just beautiful, many times I dont make one, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM. I've always wanted to try pavlova. You are funny! I feel the same way about my pictures. I look at other peoples and think "do they really have time to stage their dishes" my family just wants to eat...lol..they don't want to wait forever for me to photograph their meal...

    I'm a fellow SRC member, group D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never had anything like that before - looks so colorful with the kiwi and strawberries! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbi, it looks very fancy!

    ReplyDelete