Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cowboy Cookies



After 17 days in a row of posting healthy, gluten free, low carb, low calorie meals. I thought I'd shake it up and post these cookies that are just the opposite of all that. Horrible aren't I?

I made these a long time ago.  I love making desserts, I just need to wait until there is an event in which I need to bring a dessert. 

  These are awesome cookies.  Packed tight with just about everything. 




Cowboy Cookies Recipe

3 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3 sticks butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.

Beat butter in a big bowl until smooth and creamy.  Gradually beat in sugars and continue beating to combine.  Add eggs. 1 at a time, beating after each.  Beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.  Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. 

Drop about 1/4 cup of dough (i used a bit less) onto greased cookie sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart.  Bake 10 - 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.  Remove to rack to cool. 

7 comments:

  1. MMM they sound really good! I'm eating healthy finally so I'll pass, but my family would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so delicious. Thanks for tempting me while I'm attempting to eat healthy as well. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've eaten these before but not in a long time. Sounds yummy. I'm baking cookies tonight....cheater cookies from a package. Since they were a steal at the discount grocery and the 'Simply' kind....too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only made them once before and the only thing different was the recipe I used also had M&M's in it...cuz I guess there just wasn't enough mix-ins with everything else. Ha! I can attest these are some good cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at three sticks of butter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete