Monday, October 1, 2012

Foodie Penpals

I was reading Veronica's blog and found out that she started participating in Foodie Penpals.  Apparently this has been going on for about a year but I've never heard of it. Since then, I've noticed it on several other blogs.  What kind of blogger bubble have I been living in?

Foodie Penpals was started by Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean, it is a program that connects bloggers and blog readers through the gift of food. It’s a fun program that allows you to meet two new “foodies” each month … you should give it a try!

The fun part is figuring out what to give your Foodie Penpal.  I gave my penpal, Miranda, foods that I like from the farmers market.  Spaghetti squash, chocolate zucchini bread, pretzel roll and hot pepper jam. 

I received a package this month from April from The April Bake. I loved getting a whole box of goodies in the mail. I was shocked how much she was able to get with a small box and a $15 budget.

First up - she knew I was gluten free so she gave me these gluten free pretzels.  This was PERFECT as I was out of crunchy GF snacks.  We made Peanut Butter Dip and I enjoyed  these with it!

It's football season!  USC is the popular college team where April lives so she sent me some football related items.  I loved this cherry flavored popcorn with the USC colors!  The kids loved it too!

 I got a kick out of the USC Gamecock Sucker.  I can just picture the kids there saying, "Mom, can I have a cock sucker?" 

I love, love, love almond butter!  My son and I split this little package of Maple Almond Butter. Jacob put his half over a waffle and I ate mine with the GF pretzels.  

 The salted peanuts lasted all of 15 minutes.  The kids got a hold of them and gobbled them up.  I did manage to eat a few. 

I loved the macaroons.  Super tasty treat!!

 I opened my package, photographed everything and then went off to an exercise class. I came home to find the bowl of these sports themed chocolate gone, but for one.  Chocolate; I should have guarded it better!  :-)

 This package of red curry cubes was interesting. I wasn't sure at first what to do with them. Then I found this recipe for a Curried Rhubarb Sauce for chicken.  I knew these cubes would be perfect! 
Thank you April for a fantastic package the my whole family enjoyed!  I can't wait until next month!  If you're interested in getting an awesome package from someone, check out Lindsey's Foodie Penpals and sign up for this month! 


  1. Love those GF pretzels. Are they not amazing?!!

  2. So glad you and the kids enjoyed it! I wasn't sure how you'd feel about the cock sucker but glad it was well received :D

    So funny, I got you the maple almond butter, I received a pack of maple almond butter!

  3. Those are my favorite GF pretzels!! I daresay they are better then normal ones (though it's been years since I've had "normal" ones so who knows!). Enjoy!

  4. What a great FPP package! Thanks for sharing it with all of us :-)

  5. Love your goodies! You made me LOL with the cock sucker comment! ha! I'm jealous of your macarons-I've never had one but do want to try making them. So far I have not overcome my intimidation. Glad you joined the fun!