Monday, July 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles


I've been busy this summer with parties and gatherings. It seems there is always something to go to that requires good party food.  I've found that little chocolate desserts seem to go well. They always seem to go and I often regret not making more.

I was specifically looking for a dessert this month for The Secret Recipe Club.  I was glad that Allison from Sweet Flours had plenty to pick from.  Her Honey Peanut Butter Cups were tempting.  Her Christmas Crack Candy sounded awesome and clearly should be made for any occasion.  I was completely drooling at her Tropical Caramel Corn. That stuff looks amazing!  But in the end, I wanted to go with something that the kids could help make. Actually, these were so simple that my daughter made them herself and all the kids had fun rolling them up. 


The kids had fun being creative with rolling the truffles.  The recipe called for rolling them in peanuts.  We did some in peanuts, pecans, pretzels and sprinkles. I think my favorite was the pretzels, I liked the crunch.  My kids of course loved the sprinkles even though we didn't even have pretty sprinkles.  They didn't care!

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles turned out wonderfully!  The only thing I would recommend is to maybe freeze them first if you are going to serve them in warm weather. They did get mushy but that didn't stop everyone from completely devouring them!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
Recipe from Sweet Flours

1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup finely chopped, lightly salted roasted peanuts

1. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Let cool 10 minutes.
2. Beat chocolate mixture at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until whipped and smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
3. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls, using a small ice-cream scoop. Roll in chopped peanuts. (If chocolate mixture becomes too soft to shape, refrigerate until firm.) Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Chill 1 hour before serving. Store truffles in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.











28 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! A perfect fuss free summer dessert! Hmm butterfinger brownies sound delicious!! This is my first time participating in the SRC and it's great to see all the recipes everyone else has prepared (looks like I accidentally added my name instead of the recipe name in the link party - oops).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy and such a great idea to get your kids involved. Great cooking with you in SRC!

    Heather @ Join Us, Pull up a Chair

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, those look wonderfully sinful. the whipped cream and peanut butter together, mmm... Hope you get to check out my peanut butter and chocolate combo for the SRC here too! http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2012/07/biscoff-graham-cracker-squares.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is always insulin worthy in my book! :D Hope you had a great weekend Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delightful!!! Perfect party food to bring or to share.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your variety for rolling the truffles--PB, chocolate and pretzels? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy to make treats are always a hit in my house. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy to make treats are a hit in my house. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and salty always wins with me - they look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such delicious bites! I love any chocolate+PB combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look delicious, I wouldn't go for pretzels may be but the other yup!.. good one for SRC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rich looking and super easy. What's better than that? Oh - chocolate and peanut butter! Yum.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbi,
    These look like a great treat for your parties. I love the Chocolate and Peanut Butter combination. Great selection for SRC!
    Miz Helen
    Group B SRC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! Love chocolate and peanut butter and truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Love your plates, so cute!!

    Wonderful treats for a party or a gift. Visiting from SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good stuff. This would be so perfect to take to a gathering. I'm going to try them out the next time I need to carry dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbi, these look wonderful! I love peanut butter and chocolate, and your recipe makes me happy! I'd love if you decided to swing by the newly launched SalmonAtSeven.com (the new home of EKat's Kitchen). I'm even hosting a launch giveaway - and I'd love if you stopped by. xoxo, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. You give me a good idea what to do with a block of chocolate in my pantry. Peanut butter too!

    -Gay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, what wonderful truffles! Chocolate and peanut butter are such a fabulous combination, and these look so good. Love the crunchy peanut coating too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. pb and chocolate is the best combo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So easy and delicious sounding plus who can resist chocolate and peanut butter.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Double Chocolate Mousse Cake.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are my kind of truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the peanut butter chocolate truffles recipe.
    I'll create one for sure, my kids are gonna like it :)
    You must submit your food photos on my Food Photography site so our readers can enjoy your creations.
    It is absolutely free and fun to make others hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmmm....these look decadent and delicious! Great SRC pick...great being in group C with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just heard the news you will be the moderator of Group C, so wanted to come by and give you a hug and wish you good luck!

    Sally (from neighbor Group D ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Debbi,
    I wanted to stop by and say Congratulations on your new position as Hostess for Group C in the SRC. They are a very lucky group to have you as their new hostess.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Debbie these look divine and I have some peanut butter on standby for just such an occasion so will be bookmarking this recipe!

    ReplyDelete