Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Bites


I fell in love with this recipe as soon as I saw it.  I almost always have cooked chicken around and of course, Franks buffalo sauce is always in the refrigerator.  I wanted a unique breading for these. I wasn't sure about the Honey Nut Chex but it turned out wonderfully! 

My own complaint was that I didn't know how much chicken to put in them.  The recipe called for 4 chicken breasts.  No idea what the means so I just kept adding chicken until it looked fine. The mixture was pretty thin while breading them but they firmed up fine in the oven. 

They were a bit spicy but were perfect dipped in ranch dressing. 




Buffalo Chicken Bites
Adapted from Skinny Mom

16 oz. cooked, finely shredded chicken
1 cup hot sauce, I used Franks buffalo sauce
1/4 cup ranch dressing, light
4 oz. cream cheese, light, softened
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
2 cups Chex cereal, I used honey nut Chex
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

In a large mixing bowl, mix hot sauce, cream cheese and ranch with an electric mixer.  Add shredded chicken, cheese and scallions to hot sauce mixture. 

With a food processor, pulse Chex cereal finely.  Add to a shallow bowl and mix with salt and pepper.

Form buffalo chicken mixture into small bite size balls, roll gently in the cereal mixture and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake in oven for 25 - 35 minutes or until outside is somewhat crispy.  Time may vary depending on size of balls. 

One Year Ago...






Green Chile Cheddar Eggs



9 comments:

  1. These Buffalo Chicken Bites look really yummy! The surprise ingredient is the cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for all things buffalo. I'm with meg on this,..buffalo tofu bites are SO happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good...but like you, I'd be skeptical of the choice of binder too! Glad to know it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm,mmmm! Another great chicken recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbi,
    I can't wait to make these little Buffalo Chicken Bites they look delicious! Hope you have a wonderful Easter Celebration and thank you so much for sharing at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look and sound fantastic! I've bookmarked this and a couple other buffalo recipes this week. Everyone must be craving buffalo chicken :) The use of Chex mix is an awesome idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YUM!! I want some of these right now. Gonna make them for hubby soon. He would love them!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound great, Debbi! I'm loving those stuffed potatoes as well. I adore recipes that make more than one meal for the family.

    ReplyDelete