Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teriyaki and Apricot Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker



I love simple recipes. This is a great Sunday recipe for me.  Throw it in a crockpot and come back to a delicious meal. 

Stephanies site A Year of Slow Cooking is one of my favorite sites.  She was one of the first bloggers that I found and I have made several of her recipes.  She really is the crockpot queen.




Teriyaki and Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
Adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking

8 pork chops (mine were small and thin)

2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon dried ginger
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Put the chops into your slow cooker. Frozen is okay. In a small bowl mix together the sauce ingredients and then pour evenly over the top of the chops. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for 3 to 4. Your chops are done when they have reached desired tenderness.

Serve with rice or sweet potatoes and sauce spooned over the top.


One Year Ago...










Pumpkin Spice Cake Cupcakes




5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something similar last week but overcooked it in the slow cooker...now I have to figure out if it will taste okay in enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this recipe Debbi. My husband adores apricots, and I like the idea of the ginger too. I am really enjoying my new slow cooker, and it's lovely to have another recipe to try in it. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious combination. I'm sure the jam offsets the savory ingredients nicely.

    ReplyDelete