Friday, March 16, 2012

Butterfinger Bites


Several months ago I tried homemade Butterfingers using, peanut butter, candy corn and chocolate.  I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised.  They tasted like Butterfingers and were delicious. 

Then I found this recipe for Butterfinger Bites and was intrigued by the crunch. But would they taste like Butterfingers? 



They were very much like a Butterfinger, not exactly but amazingly delicious!

This is a fun project with the kids.  I had them putting the peanut butter in between the cheese crackers and I would dip them into the chocolate.  Make plenty, my friends, these will not last long.



Butterfinger Bites Recipe
Recipe from One Crazy Cookie

Box of Cheezits or any other box of cheese crackers
peanut butter
chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Spread some peanut butter on one side of a cracker. Grab another cracker and place on top.

Microwave chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, stir often.  Dip the crackers in the melted chocolate and cover completely.

Set on waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Then put them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get the chocolate to set up.  Devour.

One Year Ago...








Beef Stew with Butternut Squash & Chickpeas


This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello


8 comments:

  1. It must be a pregnant lady who thinks..."I'll put chocolate and peanut butter on Cheez-its. Won't that be awesome, guys?" and her husband who just agrees with everything, then has to convince everyone else it's actually good.
    It does sound different, but I'd be willing to try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are crazy! I would not have thought that these would taste like butterfingers...good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYWORD! I am so excited about these...as I was about the candy corn butterfingers too. Would you believe I read this on my phone just before I walked into the grocery store...yep, I went right to the Cheez-Its! Oh how I love recipes you can make as few or as many as you'd like. SOOOO HAPPY YOU SHARED THIS. No doubt, I'll be sharing it soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look so fun. I think it would be so fun to make with my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these on Tiffanee's blog too and bookmarked them. They sound delicious! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! Butterfinger happens to be a favorite candy bar of both myself and my hubby. I can't wait to give these a try! Who knew chocolate and Cheez-Its would be such a great pair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted you to know I've been saving this delicious recipe to make for a special occasion...this week two of my granddaughter's are coming over to do crafts and recipes. I know we will have to make lots and will love em. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete