Friday, January 20, 2012

Cookies 'n Cream Pie


'

My baby loves Cookies and Cream.  Jory's 9, so he's really NOT a baby.  He sweetly asked me one day, if we could figure out how to make a Cookie's and Cream Pie. 

So we googled it. What did we ever do before google?

We found this simple recipe that he could make himself.  He was so excited, he even helped make the grocery list to buy the ingredients.


We all loved this recipe!  The first pie dissappeared quickly when the boys had a sleepover.  He wanted to bring another pie to grandma's house for a visit.  He said that Grandma always makes good food for us so we should make something for her.  He's so sweet!

This was really good and a great recipe to make with the kids.   


Cookies n Cream Pie Recipe

1 1/2 cup milk
1 package (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
1/2 pack Oreos, coarsely crushed
1 graham cracker or Oreo crust

In a medium bowl, with an electric beater, beat together the milk and pudding for 1 minute, until well blended.  Let stand for 5 minutes.

Fold in the whipped topping and crushed cookies, spoon onto crust.  Cover and freeze for a few hours or until firm. 

Slice pie with a knife dipped in warm water. 

One Year Ago...









Pumpkin Cheesecake

This is linked with:
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Made By You Monday at Skip to my Lou
Family Fresh Meals's Recipe of the Week: Cakes and Pies



13 comments:

  1. I don't have kids, but you better believe I'm going to be making this soon! Dounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me if goodie night. I miss goodie night! Maybe we should start family worship goodie night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds so good! And so fun to make with kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet boy! The pie looks and sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh there is NO way something that delicious is that easy.

    This is what I want for my birthday (in June!) haha but I am going to have to taste test it quite a few times first, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So easy, and it looks SO delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a serious addiction waiting to happen. Your son sounds adorable! And he has good taste in pies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! One of the girls I used to work with made this once and it was amazing. She did use the oreo crust, but I kind of like the graham crust for a contrast. He did a great job!

    I'm a new follower...I love to see a nice mix of healthy recipes and indulgent ones:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of cookies and cream anything. This looks SO good and I can't believe how easy it is. It must take literally minutes to prepare. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah.. LOVE google. What did we do?! My whole family would love me forever if I made this for them :) It looks light amazing fluffy goodness!

    ReplyDelete