Friday, December 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cranberry Granola Bars


I love to snack.  I have never been good with just breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I love grabbing something quick in between meals.  Unfortunately, if I don't have something healthy, I end up eating just anything lying around. 

Yea, not good.


I love oats and making oat bars.  It's awesome how you can take a pile of oats and add different things and create different bars and snacks. This combination is wonderful and I've made these several times and we just love them!

Great to have around when you're in that snacking mood!




Pumpkin Cranberry Granola Bars
Adapted from Once a Month Mom

•3 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats

•3/4 cup pumpkin puree
•1 cup dried cranberries
•3/4 cup brown sugar
•1/4 cup all-natural, unsweetened applesauce
•1/4 cup honey
•1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
•1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
•1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8 cooking pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until well-incorporated, then press into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and set.

Total calories = 2392
12 bars = 200 calories per bar

One Year Ago...











Fruit & Berry Crisp




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I will add them to my list of new recipes to try. I'm making a new recipe tomorrow that I got off your blog. Tex-Mex beans or something like that. I'm changing a couple of things in it, but don't we all kind of adapt them a little? :)

    http://health4lifekc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some of these to curb all of my snacking! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never mde granola bars; but really think your is a must try.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out really good Debbi! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great snack for the holiday season! I'm a big snacker too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious. Just perfect for a snack or breakfast! We have a fantastic Kahlua Cinnamon Cocoa. Come on over and try it out. While you are there be sure to check out the Southern Fried Women post and enter to win a great Christmas present from the author!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to try this one this weekend. My girls LOVE granola bars, and I really think they would love these!

    ReplyDelete