Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mexican Corn Casserole




Looks can be deceiving.  This may look plain and uninteresting.  However, this was one of my favorite things that I have made.  It took a lot of self control not to eat more of it at a time.

I've been only semi recently trying to adapt to a gluten free way of cooking and I've been introduced to many new blogs as result. Book of Yum hosts Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger each month. We get to pick a blogger with gluten free recipes on their blog and highlight one of their recipes.  I chose Easy to Be Gluten Free.  I've already found several recipes I'd like to try! 


I think the only change would be to add another can of chiles, just to take the flavor a notch higher.  This was very filling and I ate these with just a bit of black beans with garlic on the side. Wonderful meal!





Mexican Corn Casserole
Adapted from Easy to be Gluten Free

4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 oz) can cream style corn
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 cup butter, melted
2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 325.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix well.  Transfer mixture to a greased 9 x 13 in. pan.  Bake, uncovered for an hour and 15 minutes. Check to make sure middle is done, it may need to cook longer. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Total calories = 3630 calories
10 servings = 363 calories per serving

One Year Ago...







Cilantro Egg Salad Sandwich


This is linked with:
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Project Linky at It's A Keeper
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum



 Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

6 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy...... thanks for sharing your recipe. :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is going on the "make soon" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a tex-mex style corn pudding. I'll have to remember to try this when my hubby is out of town. He doesn't like corn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love a good mexican style corn casserole and this one look great! I love things a little spicier than most, so like you, I'd probably add another can of chile; otherwise, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my Mexican Corn Casserole! Glad you like it, it's one of our favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbi,
    I just love a great Corn Casserole and this recipe looks delicious and healthy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Happy New Year to you and your family and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete