Monday, October 17, 2011

Sticky Chicken - Secret Recipe Club



It's Secret Recipe Club time again!  Started by Amanda with help from Tina from Mom's Crazy Cooking.  If you want to find a ton of recipes, check out The Secret Recipe Club blog and you'll find just about everything!



This month I was assigned to New Yorker By Heart. Birthe has a TON of recipes, it took me forever to choose! 


I chose her Sticky Chicken. It sounded awesome and I knew we would all love it! We did and I can't wait to test out a bunch of her other recipe!



Sticky Chicken Recipe
Adapted from New Yorker By Heart

2 lbs. chicken breasts or thighs

Sauce:
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 cup red wine vinegar
3 cups ketchup
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. chili powder

Heat large pan with cooking spray and cook onion and garlic for about 5 - 10 minutes until soft.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Marinate chicken in about a cup or a cup and 1/2 of the sauce.  Marinate overnight if possible in refrigerator.  Save the rest of the sauce in the refrigerator.

Grill chicken while dabbing on the sauce to coat well. Cook until done, using plenty of sauce. 

This is linked with $5 dinners - $5 dinner challenge

26 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I've ever seen a sticky chicken recipe without soy sauce - going to give this one a try for sure! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum sticky chicken is so good, this recipe sounds delicious... great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely making this one! My family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice - I'm so happy that you liked it :-) It's one og my favourite recipes and I make it several times every year.....

    All the best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like this is the kind of meal you have to eat with your hands just so you can lick the sticky delicious sauce off your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simple kid-friendly meal - kids love sticky sweet food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sticky chicken sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbi,
    This Sticky Chicken looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing and it is fun cooking with you in the SRC!
    Miz Helen
    Southwest Corn and Potato Soup

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the flavors we adore - sounds really, really good. Great SRC pick! Hope you'll stop by and see my reveal.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it come with a sign that says, "IT's OK to lick your fingers." Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got one of those bad service pages so I am guessing my post did not go through.

    I have never had sticky chicken and I so want to make it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds delicious--like a yummy version of homemade BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great sounding recipe! It looks like you had a fabulous dinner that night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love finding new recipes using chicken, this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that sounds and looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The marinade/sauce sounds wicked delicious. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be making this, looks delicious!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC recipe this month: Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! Looks great! Fun to participate in SRC with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can never go wrong with chicken! :-) And the sticky chicken looks great!

    Thanks for being a part of the SRC, Group B, I love being your host (new assignments coming soon)! My recipe was for Frozen Breakfast Burritos. Check it out if you haven't had the chance already, I know I am a few days behind (sorry!)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/10/frozen-breakfast-burritos-secret-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sticky chicken sounds wonderful! Will have to give it a try this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing the sticky chicken recipe. It seems like New Yorker By Heart has a lot of great recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so delicious. I would love to give this a try sometime. Just need to pick up some dijon mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't find this particularly great, it just tasted like a bottled BBQ sauce. I doubt if I'd make it again but if I did I'd add a variety of spices and probably some worchestershire sauce.

    ReplyDelete