Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Creamy Broccoli Slaw



It's no secret that I love broccoli slaw.  When I saw this as a coleslaw, I jumped right on it.  I did substitute greek yogurt for some of the mayo and it turned out very well.  I planned to add the horseradish sauce but found I didn't have any.  I'll bet it added an awesome flavor! Though it was delicious as it was!



Creamy Broccoli Slaw
Adapted from It's a Keeper



10 - 12 oz. bag of shredded broccoli slaw
1/4 cup finely sliced sweet onion
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 6 oz. greek yogurt
1/3 cup mayonnaise, light
1/4 cup sour cream, light
1 Tbsp honey mustard
3 Tbsp prepared Horseradish (optional, I didn't use but wanted to)

In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Add broccoli, carrots and onion. Mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.



One Year Ago...












Zucchini Lasagna


6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it. Are you following Becky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've never really dabbled much in broccoli slaws but this sounds quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen it in the stores many times but have yet to try it. It sounds good done your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love broccoli slaw too! Your version with Greek yogurt sounds good! Thanks for linking it to my side dish event. {For the dumplings you can use a gluten free baking mix.}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had broccoli slaw (we can't buy broccoli ready shredded here in England) but this looks so good I think I'll have a go at shredding it by hand or with the food processor. What a great coleslaw recipe - I can just imagine the wonderful flavour the broccoli would add. Thank you for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch. I've chosen it as one of my features for this week's post.

    ReplyDelete