Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pineapple Poppyseed Salad Dressing



I practically ran to the store to buy a pineapple after seeing this recipe.  I loved it used it a lot! I even used it as a dip for some homemade chicken nuggets too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pineapple Poppyseed Dressing Recipe
Adapted from Green Lite Bites

3 cups pineapple (488 g.)
6 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. honey mustard
2 1/2 tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. poppyseeds

Mix everything but poppyseeds in food processer.  Stir in poppyseeds. 

Total calories = 511 calories
Makes 2 1/2 cups
2 tbsp. = 26 calories

One Year Ago...








Crock Pot Chicken Mole



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

13 comments:

  1. Debbi, this looks great. Funny when I read a recipe like this, I think why did I not think to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! And look at that calorie count! Can't beat that for a really flavorful salad dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad looks delectable with the pineapple dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mind blowing facts of pineapple.. @ http://bit.ly/qJic6y

    once you read it, you'll become fan of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect dressing for summer. Thanks for making and sharing it. I am a dipper so I would dip chicken in it too!. Come on over and visit. We have a great grilled corn recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! Now I need to run to the store for some pineapple. Looks and sound Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so glad you brought this recipe to "Made it on Monday" to share with everyone! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an innovative recipe. I'm practically running to the store, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dressing looks awesome! I gave you an award: http://j-lee-domesticengineerextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-101-award-and-other-notable-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dressing sounds so delicious, Debbi, and so good for you with the fresh pineapple as well. There's nothing like a good poppyseed dressing, and this one is definitely a keeper! I like the idea of using it as a dip for chicken nuggets too - yum! Thank you for sharing another delicious recipe with Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete