Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pizza Meatloaf Cups

Meatloaf muffins!

When I told them we were having that for dinner, they were a little grossed out. 

Of course, then they saw how cute and adorable they were.  Then they all approved. 

All stuffed with cheesy gooeyness!

Ok, they didn't come out looking all that great, the cheese kinda spooged everywhere.

That didn't stop everyone from slathering them in pizza sauce and eating every last one of them. 

These were gooooooood. :-)

Pizza Meat Loafs Cups Recipe
Adapted from Taste of Home

1 egg
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used gluten free)
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey, 93% lean
6 oz. shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Additional pizza sauce for serving

Combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.  Divide among 12 greased muffin cups, press onto the bottom and up the sides.  Fill center with cheese. 

Bake at 375 for 15 - 18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.  Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired.

Total calories = 1720 calories
12 cups = 143 per meatloaf cups

One Year Ago...

Banana Pancakes

This is linked with:

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Foodie Friday at Little Brick Ranch

Calories calculated from Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. What a fantastic idea, I will defiantly try this. Diane

  2. Man! I wish I had this recipe last night. I wanted pizza, so I made Pizza Pasta. It turned out okay, but this sounds so much better!

  3. Yum Yum~ I need to make these!

  4. These look like so much fun and so tasty! What a great idea.

  5. I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, but I think I'd like these! Mmmmm....cheese!

    Have a great day Debbi - hope its cooler where you are today - last night I drove home it said 101 degrees, this morning when I woke up it was 55!

  6. One of the best things about the summer challenge has been your recipes! I've prepared one every night since Sunday and we have LOVED every one of them!

  7. These are so cute, and sound great! The kid in me wants them ASAP ahah

  8. They turned out great! Love the recipe:)

  9. My kiddos would love these. I am going to definitely be trying this recipe out! Thanks for sharing!

  10. Sounds great! I make meatloaf muffins alot and this is a great variation on it! Thanks!!

  11. Cute and delicious looking!! I wanted to eat them right off your blog!!

  12. This looks have a lovely blog...I am having a giveaway in my blog..Y dont you check and join that

  13. Who could resist all that melted cheese! These are super cute.

  14. Hi Debbi,
    What a great recipe. This will be perfect for entertaining and healthy too! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

  15. Those are cute and look very tasty. I bet they would freeze fairly well, maybe rebake or nuke with the cheese on to reheat? I sometimes make a bunch of turkey-spinach meatloaf in muffin cups and freeze them by two in the freezer. This will mix it up a bit!

  16. Oh yummy. I love anything with cheese.

  17. Somebody is selling this recipe as a download: