Monday, June 13, 2011

Ginger Cookies




So I heard about The Secret Recipe Club.  It sounded like fun.  Basically, you let Amanda from Amanda's Cookin' know that you're interested, and she will let you know who your secret blogger is.  Then you can pick anything from this persons blog, make it and post it on the desired date.  Sounds like fun, right? I thought so.   


My secret blogger this month is Eggs, Cream and Honey.  I had a vast array of delicious treats to choose from.  There were several I was interested in but finally decided on the Ginger Cookies.  My husband particularly like ginger cookies and I hadn't ever made them. I thought this was a good excuse to make them!

These were gorgeous cookies!  I loved the sprinkling of sugar and how they cracked just perfect.  They tasted delicious and were gone before we knew it! 

If you're interested in joining in The Secret Recipe Club, contact Amanda.    If I did the html correctly, there should be links below to other peoples posts. I am actually on vacation without internet connection at the moment so this post is scheduled. 




Ginger Cookie Recipe
Recipe from Eggs, Cream and Honey

2 cups AP flour

2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar (plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling)
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a small bowl.


On the medium speed of a mixer, or by hand, beat together the oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and molasses and mix well. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.


Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the mix on to ungreased baking trays. Make sure to leave an inch or more between each drop. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.


Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then move on to a wire rack.

One Year Ago...








Ravioli with Roasted Zucchini, Tomatoes and Garlic




39 comments:

  1. Oh, I love ginger cookies, too! Yours look SO yummy...fun selection for the Secret Recipe Club :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs ginger cookies, and these look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ginger cookies. Actually, the whole family does, which is saying something:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love Ginger cookies too! There's some spicy ginger cookies we make at the bakery that are to die for! Not really to die for, but they are pretty darn good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Ginger cookies are yummy. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger cookies are always a hit in our home, and yours look really scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that you can never go wrong with ginger cookies. A family favourite for us! These look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband loves anything Ginger. I'm sure he would love these cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking cookies! Absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Similar to a cookie I make for the holidays and wondering why I only make them then now that I think of it. Would be perfect with my cup of coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ginger cookies look wonderful!! I am loving them! Going through The Secret Recipe Club blog hop, glad I found your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cookies look great! Hope you have a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ginger cookies are one of my favorites. This looks great! Such a great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made ginger cookies and I love them. These are my inspiration to make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious! Ginger cookies sound so good right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your vacation! These cookies look delicious. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love ginger and soft gingersnap cookies! What a fun idea for trying new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you liked the ginger cookies! They look great. Glad they worked so well for you. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love ginger cookies, I'll have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmm, ginger cookies are always a delicious treat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ginger cookies look like a good secret recipe club choice. It's an all time favorite. I am now your newest follower. I would love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These ginger cookies sound so good! Great choice for this month's SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So...These Cookies look so good! And I love that they are a "lighter" cookie.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there! These cookies look soft and chewy, just the way we like them. I always thing of these in the Fall and holidays, but your right they are delish year round! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The ginger cookies look stunning. I've been looking for a good ginger cookie recipe for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've found a new "like" with ginger. I never liked the taste of it as a kid but now that I'm older (much. lol!), I like it. I'm sure that I would love these cookies.

    Hope your vacation went well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmm I adore anything ginger-infused and I'm sure these cookies wouldn't fail to please!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cookies look great. I only recently tried a gingersnap cookies, so now I can relate to how good they must taste!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you are having a great vacation! The cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yum yum yum! Looks like it would be super easy to health-ify too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love ginger cookies - they usually are super chewy, which I love every once in a while.

    Hope you are having a great vacation!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My kids like ginger cookies--we'll have to try this version.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are beautiful cookies. My whole family loves spice cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yum! I think I have all the ingredients on hand for this so will be making them soon! I wonder if you can use fresh ginger? I've never tried. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm so glad you decided to join the Secret Recipe Club... isn't it so much fun?? The cookies look great. I am a huge fan of gingerbread cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love a good ginger cookie and I would love to give this recipe a try. I'm trying to find a recipe that will out do my friend's husbands favorite ginger cookie recipe! A friendly little compitition between her and I. ;)Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mmm, there's nothing more comforting that a ginger cookie! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these ginger cookies. Happy to be a part of SRC and get to know you :)

    ReplyDelete