Saturday, May 21, 2011

Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies



Can you believe we just started making smoothies?  One of the reasons was I hated my blender.  It was a pain to take out, so I just never did. 

Well, I got me a new food processor/blender.  It works awesome and now we use it all the time. 


We usually just throw a bunch of stuff in and call it a smoothie but this time I actually used a recipe. It was my first time using pineapple in a smoothie. 

Boy was it GOOD!

I love using flaxseed to boost the healthiness.  I'm still experimenting so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!



Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
Adapted form Annie's Eats

8 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt
1 large banana
1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
Milk for consistency

Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.  Process until thick and smooth.  Add milk if you want it thinner or ice to thicken.

One Year Ago...









Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken 

This is linked with Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

17 comments:

  1. I never made smoothies either...till I got a nice blender...now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smoothies, but I only started making them a couple of years ago. Now I make them all the time, especially in the summer. They're so refreshing (and healthy)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smoothie looks great. I love those big strawberries from Costco, I use them instead of ice too. I don't use a recipe either, so it will be fun to see what you come up with, I guess that means I am of no help in your request!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make them all the time. I usually just throw stuff in the blender.....frozen fruit, yogurt, fruit juice, spinach....whatever! I also make a breakfast smoothie every morning....raw oatmeal, protein powder, flax seed, frozen blueberries and mango, milk, water (I don't care for too much milk), ice. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha...I always throw things in the blender and call 'em a smoothie ;) . This is a great combo...I could use one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious and refreshing. I'd love to start my day with one of these. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this recipe..I make smoothies alot and also like to use frozen fruit for the ice...first thing in the am...on my way for the whole day!!!

    Rake Care...

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you use blueberries in a smoothie you can also throw in spinach (the blueberries are the only thing I've found that hide the green color) and it doesn't change the taste at all but sure does increase nutrition factor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I love smoothies. I use frozen fruit with mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh yum! It's so beautiful and warm today.. I could really go for one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never make smoothies and I have got a good blender. Tomorrow things will change :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUm!!! My new favorite way is to add about 1/4 tsp sugar free jello (strawberry for strawberry smoothies) to the mix and it sweetens it up just enough. So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are in a strawberry banana smoothie rut around here. The addition of pineapple and flax seed sound GREAT. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love smoothies. I try to have one everyday. I feel like I'm full longer if I eat/drink that, than eating a piece of fruit.
    I like to have a little coffee mixed in with vanilla protein powder and yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i could use a tall glass of this right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't do smoothies very often, but just made a strawberry banana one for my daughter to take with her to work - I had a sip of it and its really good! Don't think I'll ever drink a green monster with spinach though!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love smoothies, but cleaning it is just a pain. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete