Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Smokey Chipotle Meatloaf



You like things spicy?  Well, this is the meal for you! 

This is most certainly NOT your mommas meatloaf.  Between the hickory barbecue sauce and the chipotles in adobo sauce, this meatloaf was kickin'!



Spicy as it was, I wouldn't change a thing.  It was full of flavor and tasted awesome! 

We ate it with a roasted garlic potato salad.  Super delicious meal but maybe not the best date night meal, just sayin'.




Smokey Chipotle Meatloaf
Adapted from Allrecipes

2 eggs
1/3 cup BBQ sauce 1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (I puree the chipotles in the sauce)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
2 lbs. ground turkey, 93% lean
1/3 tbsp. bbq sauce (for top)

Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl, whisk 1/3 cup bbq sauce, garlic, chipotle sauce, salt, pepper, celery seed, cumin and Worcestershire sauce until evenly smooth.  Mix in the onion, oatmeal and ground turkey with your hands until evenly blended. Pack the mixture into the prepared pan.  Brush the top of the meatloaf with 1/3 cup more bbq sauce.

Bake in preheated oven at 350 for about an hour until no longer pink on the inside and center reads at least 160 degrees F.

One Year Ago...












Apple Cheddar Muffins



This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie


16 comments:

  1. I know this meatloaf was "kickin" with the Chiptotle chiles and adobe sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE spicy! Chipotle is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that sounds so good..I love spicy!
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I bet it was spicy! Sounds really good though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good, we love chipotle and would love meatloaf with that smoky kick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spicy, smokey, and garlic potatoes. Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbi, I can not wait to make this recipe for my oldeast son! He loves things with a kick! This will be perfect for me to make him to send back to college with him!Of course I will have to keep some for myself!
    THANK YOU for your comment this morning! Made my day!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at chiles in adobo sauce - sans the onions. I don't even like meatloaf, but it its spicy, I just might!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! I would love to make that but in individual size so I could bring them for lunches at work. I LOVE meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chipotle. This sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely always thought my mom's meatloaf was a little too oddly sweet...this sounds like the ideal alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum....love spice! And meatloaf! So this is a winner in our books! Have a great day Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow..this is really good and I love spicy food... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw chipotle and meatloaf and my heart went aflutter! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a fantastic twist on meatloaf, Debbi - I love the spices in it! Thank you for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch. Hope to see you there again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete