Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos

Quick, easy, tasty meal coming at you right here.  These rocked!  I rolled up mine like a burrito on a corn tortilla, hubs and the brother ate theirs on taco shells.  Whatever you want to call it, it was awesome and I'll be for sure making them again!

Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos

1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
100 calories Whole wheat tortillas
Optional toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, avocado

In a large pan, saute onion and red pepper in cooking spray until tender.  Add the pineapple, salsa, chilies, beans and heat through.  Stir in cilantro.  Place 1/2 cup filling on one tortilla. Add toppings as desired.

Total calories for filling = 820 calories
14 servings = 159 calories per taco with a 100 calories whole wheat tortilla

One Year Ago...

Sloppy Buffalo Joes

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.


  1. Hmmm...I love pineapple on pizza, but with beans? I'll have to try it and let you know :0)

  2. I love pineapple so this has to be good. Take care Diane

  3. Oooh, this sounds interesting! I bet the pineapple is fabulous in them!

  4. Some of my favorite things to eat but I hadn't thought to put them together. I'm definitely making this. Thanks for posting it!

  5. These look so good. My daughter and I often eat bean tacos for lunch but I never thought of putting pineapple in them. Will be trying that soon.

  6. What a cool combo...I look forward to trying this recipe...thank you...
    Take care,

  7. I love the tropical pineapple flavor infusion! What a delicious quick and easy meal!

  8. These look great. I'm adding it to my list of things to try.

  9. Now this is different! A friend shared her recipe for pork tacos with me that had pineapple in it, but honestly I want to try this one more!